Barbecue at Yale Summer Session

    Hi everyone! Welcome to my blog. Here, I will share all the moments and experiences I am having at the Yale Summer Session. I hope you enjoy it! On July 7th, we had a trip to celebrate the traditional American event, "Barbecue" , accompanied by hamburgers and hot dogs. We started the day by meeting in front of the Yale Academy at 10:45 in the morning to catch the famous "yellow bus" from American movies. The journey took about 1 hour and 30 minutes until we arrived at the Outdoor Education Center. 

    When we arrived, the first thing we did was eat because it was already lunchtime, and we were hungry as usual. And as I mentioned before, we had hamburgers and hot with a salad, on the side to pretend we're being healthy. However, while we were having lunch, this facility dog showed up to say hello to us. Her name is Heidi, and she's a two year-old golden retriever. Her job is to provide a calming and comforting presence for students and professionals working at Yale. In other words, she's there to give love, affection, and distract the students with her cuteness. 

.

Later, after playing with Heidi, we went to practice one of the activities provided on the trip, which was kayaking. So my friend Aitana and I decided to try this activity, while Manuela and Gisele want on the other kayaking. We did it for about 30-40 minutes, because it's very tiring. It requires a lot of arm strength, so it ends up being a workout focused on the upper body. PS: On that day, I didn't go to the gym because I was too tired! As a souvenir, I even managed to get a blister on my hand from the friction on my skin with the paddle. 

That's it, folks! I shared a little bit of my July 7th with you all. I hope you enjoyed it, and until the next time!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whitney Humanities Center

Yale Law School

Shops in Target